NCC Property Development drives efficiency with a solution for project and process management
At NCC Property Development a new solution for project and process management helps boost efficiency and makes it easy for employees to work according to approved best practices.
NCC Property Development, a thriving business unit in the NCC Group, develops and sells commercial properties throughout Nordic countries, focusing on sustainable office, retail, and logistics properties in attractive locations. In 2021 the division had a turnover of SEK 2.7 billion and 110 employees.
The company is project-heavy and two years ago they implemented a solution for managing projects, documents, and quality management based on Omnia and Microsoft 365 to help drive efficiency.
– We designed and launched a solution, fully integrated with Microsoft 365, that makes it easier for users to drive and manage projects and handle important business documents according to our policies, says Martin Sandén, Head of Operational Development and Sustainability at NCC Property Development Nordic.
– Users now have easy access to all tools, guidelines, templates, and other resources required for running projects aligned with our quality management processes and best practices. Ut until today, we have seen that the solution boosts our efficiency and ensures the correct management of processes, projects, and documents.
Easy access to all processes and projects
Previously, the company used a stand-alone quality management system that was unable to provide a complete overview of both processes and projects, and that did not supply access to the requisite tools. Since the modernization of their Project and Document Management System also was a priority, NCC Property Development decided that their best strategy was to invest in an integrated solution comprising all areas related to defining and visualizing processes, handling controlled documents, and driving projects aligned with approved models and processes.
After extensive research, they decided to go for a solution based on Microsoft 365 and Omnia.
– We wanted to create a solution that allowed us to manage and view all our processes and controlled documents using the same tool, Martin Sandén explains.
– We looked at several products and platforms and even considered developing the solution from scratch since we’d have to adapt them to meet our unique needs. However, Omnia is a flexible and future-proof platform, with smooth integration with Microsoft 365, that has been easy to customize to fit our requirements.
– Since the solution offers users quick single-point access to processes, documents, templates, projects, and the Microsoft 365 toolbox, we have seen that it drives productivity among our staff.
Self-explanatory solution drives productivity
Omnia provides a range of features that are central to NCC Property Development. The possibility to create and publish business processes and project models, and connect documents, templates, tools, and guidelines to the defined activities is an important foundation for the solution. In the product, there is also support for instantiating a project model to set up a Project Team in Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, get a great overview of ongoing work via the Project Portfolio, and strong tools to form a governance model for projects, processes, and controlled documents.
– Omnia doesn’t just make users’ work easier; it also guarantees that every process is carried out correctly and that the proper templates and documents are used and filed in the right places says Martin Sandén.
– This encourages working according to best practices and leads to increased traceability. Furthermore, the reliability of the information has significantly improved as users can now verify that a document is created by the right person, using the correct template and that it’s the latest and only version, Martin emphasizes.
According to Martin, even though the solution is self-explanatory, regular user training will ensure the best results. A user follow-up is conducted every six months, covering the solution’s functionality and improvements, and once a year a comprehensive in-depth user survey is undertaken.
– Although the user interface is easy to grasp and navigate and our employees are quite IT-savvy, regular user education is required if we’re to benefit from the full potential of the solution. We also make continuous system improvements, which must be communicated and taught to users, Martin points out.
Learn more about Project Management in Microsoft 365
If you wish to learn more about how Omnia can support your organization when it comes to project and portfolio management, we recommend the following links:
Sign up for the webinar A best practice for Project Management in Microsoft 365.
You can also read more about Project Management capabilities in Omnia in this article.
Welcome to contact us for scheduling a demo of the Project Management concept in Omnia.